Join traditional foods expert Jennifer McGruther for a look into the healthfulness of grains and other types of heritage foods.
Join traditional foods expert Jennifer McGruther for a look into the healthfulness of heritage foods. McGruther runs Nourished Kitchen, a farm-to-table blog that operates on the motto, “Real food takes real work. And it’s worth it.” Learn how to apply that motto to your own diet with bountiful fermented foods, bone broth and (potentially) grains that have been soaked, sprouted or soured. Learn about the Weston A. Price diet formula and how it informs McGruther’s culinary habits. Finally, get tips for fermenting your own Kombucha, dairy and vegetables.
- 1:20: The Nourished Kitchen approach to health and wellness.
- 2:00: How Jennifer uses the Weston A. Price diet formula.
- 6:00: Weston A. Price and the grains controversy
- 9:00: Fermentation and its potential for gluten intolerances.
- 11:00: Using heritage wheat to minimize the problems of modern day grain.
- 13:00: Bone broth 101: Make it at home for pennies.
- 17:00: Healthful consumption of gelatin.
- 21:00: Antibiotics: Lifesaving or over-prescribed?
- 30:00: Fermenting vegetables: what to look for.
- 32:00: Myths about fermentation.
- 35:00: Using Kombucha Mothers (SCOBY).
- 40:00: A preview of Jenny’s new book, The Nourished Kitchen
Enjoy the Episode below!
How does bone broth fight inflammation AND promote weight loss? Download our Free Bone Broth Guide And Recipes To Find Out Now!
Click here to get your FREE Bone Broth Guide And Recipes Today!