Could you gain, then lose, 76 pounds over the course of a year? How about on national TV? That’s what personal trainer Drew Manning, of Fit2Fat2Fit fame, did just a few years ago. Beyond weight, he gained empathy for his clients who battled lifelong weight loss struggles and picked up some important health insights along the way.
As Manning demonstrates, willpower and accountability can carry you a long way on your own weight loss journey. Learn the value of nutrition and just how big a role it plays in the weight loss equation—from the pitfalls of so-called “healthy” American food to the role of exercise. Get tips on making huge lifestyle shifts and maintaining weight loss. Finally, learn why self-worth and confidence might be the most important factor in a healthy lifestyle.
- 4:00: “I’ve never felt that way in my entire life:” Manning’s Fit to Fat journey.
- 7:00: When Manning worried he wouldn’t lose the weight.
- 8:30: Everyday American foods: How low-fat foods make you fat.
- 12:00: “It was a false sense of freedom:” The first month of eating according to cravings.
- 15:00: “Holding your breath while clipping your toenails:” The surprising struggles of weight gain.
- 17:00: The power of nutrition: Why Manning skipped exercise the first month of trying to lose weight.
- 20:00: Manning’s low carb, high protein nutrition plan for weight loss.
- 24:00: The lifestyle change struggle: Why it’s so important to hold yourself accountable.
- 26:00: Should you schedule your cheat meals?
- 29:30: “You’re worthy of living a healthy life:” The health mindset.
Watch the Episode Below!
If you enjoyed this podcast, never miss the latest health news by subscribing to The PaleoHacks Show on your favorite podcast app and leaving a review for us on iTunes. This helps us spread the word and create better, bigger content for you!