Filled with real raspberries and creamy almond butter, these keto “PB&J” cups are a healthy, guilt-free treat!
Almond butter and a sugar-free homemade jam combine with coconut oil for an energy-filled snack!
Almond butter replaces the peanut butter in these “PB&J” cups, as it contains more cell-repairing phosphorus and twice the bone-building magnesium that peanut butter offers. (Note: Sunflower seed butter could also be used instead.)
Want to snack smarter and curb cravings? Get your FREE 25 Healthy Paleo Snacks Cookbook here.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our Snack Recipes Cookbook!
The jelly center is made of keto-friendly raspberries mixed with collagen containing grass-fed gelatin. To set the cups, add coconut oil, forming a smooth shell layer on the top and bottom of the jam filling.
Start by combining water and raspberries in a small saucepan and bring to a low boil. Simmer for five minutes and mash raspberries with a fork. Remove from heat and stir in stevia, followed by a gradual sprinkle of gelatin (this helps ensure it doesn’t clump). Pour the jam into a small jar and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
While the jam sets, melt coconut oil and almond butter in a double boiler and mix until smooth. To assemble the cups, pour 2 tablespoons of almond butter mixture into each muffin tin and freeze 15 minutes. Next, add 1 teaspoon of jam and smooth with a spoon. Finish with remaining almond butter over the top of each cup, then freeze for another 15 minutes. Store cups in the refrigerator to enjoy anytime you need a sweet, keto-friendly treat!
Keto “PB&J” Cups
Keto “PB&J” Cups
- Small saucepan
- Small jar
- Double boiler
- Standard muffin tin
- Muffin liners
- 3 T water
- 1/3 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 t stevia
- 1/2 t grass-fed gelatin
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- In a saucepan over low heat, combine water and raspberries. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Mash raspberries with a fork and remove from heat.
- Stir in stevia and gradually sprinkle in gelatin as you stir. Pour into a small jar and cool in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Melt coconut oil and almond butter in a double boiler. Stir until smooth.
- Line 6 muffin tins with liners and pour 2 tablespoons of almond butter mixture in each muffin tin. Place in freezer 15 minutes to set.
- Add a heaping teaspoon of jam to each tin followed by remaining almond butter mixture on top. Place in freezer 15 minutes before enjoying. Store in the refrigerator.
(You’ll Also Love: 37 Keto Desserts: Low in Carbs + Zero Refined Sugar)