Have these soft and pillowy cinnamon rolls ready in a snap with this Instant Pot recipe!
In this easy recipe, your Instant Pot cooks cinnamon rolls to fluffy perfection for the ultimate crowd-pleaser! The airy dough is made with a combination of arrowroot and blanched almond flour mixed with buttery ghee, apple cider vinegar, an egg, and a bit of warm water (to avoid solidifying the ghee).
For the filling, you’ll need coconut sugar and cinnamon to achieve sweet-tasting decadence without using refined sugars. Tip: You can also add chopped dates, nuts or even dark chocolate.
Love Paleo Breakfasts? Then you’ll love our FREE Paleo Breakfast Recipes.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our delicious Breakfast Recipes!
The most important part in this recipe is getting the dough just right. Traditional cinnamon rolls use yeast and all-purpose flour, creating an elastic texture that rolls with ease and rises into a fluffy roll. The combination of arrowroot powder with blanched almond flour creates the perfect Paleo alternative. The wet portion of this dough is made up of buttery ghee and apple cider vinegar (to help the rising process), egg, and a bit of warm water. Note: It is important that the water and egg are not chilled, otherwise they will cause the ghee to solidify.
Bonus: Since this dough is unsweetened, it can be used for Paleo pizza crust, biscuits or even pie.
Start by making the dough. Set aside the egg, then combine the flours in one bowl, and the wet ingredients in another. Gradually stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, whisk in the egg and continue stirring until the dough is sticky (similar to pizza dough). Refrigerate the dough for 10 minutes so that it’s easier to roll out.
Line a 7×10 inch cookie sheet with parchment paper and dust with arrowroot powder. Press the dough out into the pan and layer with cinnamon and sugar filling. Freeze the dough for 10 minutes, then gently roll the dough lengthwise off the parchment paper and into a long log. Slice into seven to eight rolls and transfer them on a pushpan. Cover the pan with a paper towel and top with aluminum foil to prevent the cinnamon rolls from getting soggy in the steam.
Place the trivet into the Instant Pot, add 2 cups of water, and set the pushpan inside (note: the pushpan doesn’t come with your instant pot). Lock the lid, secure the vent valve, and select high pressure for 20 minutes. Once the timer goes off, allow the pressure to release before opening the vent valve and unlocking the lid. Carefully remove the pan from the pot using tongs.
Instant Pot Cinnamon Rolls
Instant Pot Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 mixing bowls
- 7x10” cookie sheet
- Parchment paper
- Instant Pot
- Paper towel
- Aluminum foil
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups arrowroot powder, plus more for dusting
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/4 t sea salt
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 3 T ghee, melted
- 2 t apple cider vinegar
- 1 large pasture-raised egg at room temperature
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup cinnamon
- For the dough: Set aside the egg, and combine the dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in another.
- Gradually stir wet ingredients into the dry. Add the egg and mix until combined. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and dust with arrowroot powder. Press the dough into the cookie sheet, leaving a ¼” space around the edges.
- For the filling: Mix the coconut sugar and cinnamon, then press the filling gently into the dough. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a working space and gently roll the dough off the parchment paper into a lengthwise log. Pinch both ends of the log to seal and slice into eight ½” rolls.
- Grease a 7” pushpan with ghee, and add the cinnamon rolls to the pushpan. Cover with a paper towel and secure with a piece of aluminum foil on top.
- Place the trivet inside the Instant Pot, add 2 cups of water, and set the pushpan with the rolls inside.
- Lock the lid, secure the vent valve, and select “Manual High” for 20 minutes.
- When the timer is done, allow the pressure to release before opening the vent valve and unlocking the lid.
- Use the tongs to carefully remove the pan from the pot and slather Paleo frosting on top.
(You’ll Also Love: Low Carb Keto Tasty Buns)