The fast food breakfast sandwich you hate to love gets a Paleo upgrade with turmeric-spiced cauliflower “McMuffins” stuffed with fresh eggs, bacon and slices of avocado.
You can head to the local drive-thru and give in to the craving for a fast food breakfast, or you can whip up a batch of these hunger-busting, cauliflower “McMuffins” piled with a pasture-raised eggs, crisp bacon and creamy avocado. We choose the latter. This breakfast offers a delicious mix of protein, healthy carbs and fat to sustain energy throughout a busy day.
Finely-riced cauliflower and almond meal is the key to creating a smooth and hearty grainless muffin. When blending the cauliflower florets in a food processor, look for a consistency similar to couscous. The moisture from the cauliflower will help it combine nicely with the almond meal. Then, mix in two pasture-raised eggs and add a little turmeric and black pepper for a dose of anti-inflammatory properties baked right into each muffin. Use your hands to form the dough into discs and place on a lined baking sheet. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
Fill your breakfast sandwich with pasture-raised pork and eggs to ensure that you are getting the most nutritional bang for your buck. Sliced avocado replaces the cheese in this recipe for a dose of healthy fat while keeping a creamy mouthfeel. Pile these ingredients on your freshly baked cauliflower “McMuffins” and start the day off on a healthy foot!
For more ways to use these versatile cauliflower muffins, try one of these toppings…
Pizza style: Pile each muffin half with Paleo mozzarella cheese, marinara sauce, and a sprinkle of oregano. Broil until cheese is bubbly.
BLT sandwich: Slather on Paleo mayonnaise, tomato, bacon and lettuce for a quick and filling lunch.
Bagel and lox: Top muffin halves with cashew cheese, smoked salmon and capers for a fancy brunch.
Healthy Cauliflower Egg "McMuffin"
- Food processor
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Mixing bowl
For Cauliflower Muffins:
- 2 cups riced cauliflower (½ medium head of cauliflower)
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 2 large, pasture-raised eggs
- 1/2 t sea salt
- 1/2 t turmeric
- 1/4 t black pepper
For Egg McMuffin:
- 1 egg per muffin
- 1 strip of bacon per muffin, cooked
- 4-5 slices of avocado per muffin
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, combine riced cauliflower, eggs and almond meal until well moistened. Sprinkle in turmeric, pepper and sea salt, and stir well.
- Using a 1/3 cup measuring scoop, form cauliflower mixture into 4 discs on baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare toppings for Egg McMuffin. Cook the egg and the bacon to your liking, and slice the avocado.
- Remove cauliflower muffins from oven and cool 5 minutes. Add toppings on one half and place another muffin on top. Serve immediately.
Looking for Paleo ingredients? We’d recommend:
- Almond Meal (Barney Bakery)
(You’ll Also Love: Bacon & Egg Sweet Potato Pancake Breakfast Sandwich)