The beauty of this dish is that you can easily tweak it to your own tastes. If you don’t have basil, then use cilantro; if you don’t like pecans, use pine nuts; and if you love garlic, add 2 cloves.
Do take note: beware of potent breath after eating pesto!
Want to go Paleo? Not sure where to start?
Start with this FREE Paleo For Beginners Guide Today!
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1/2 cup pecans, walnuts or pine nuts
- 1 to 2 fresh garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
How to Make It:
1. Add the basil, nuts and garlic to a food processor and process until finely combined.
2. Add the olive oil, start with ¼ cup, and add more if required.
3. Season with sea salt and process the mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.